Founded in 1952, Norwood School is a coeducational, independent day school with approximately 450 students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. The School sits on 38 beautiful and expansive acres in Bethesda, Maryland, less than six miles from Washington, D.C. As one of the finest PK-8 schools in the country, Norwood sets the bar high and is committed to educating the whole child in a diverse, student-centered, challenging, and nurturing environment, which continually promotes equity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
Norwood’s child-centered education and its very intentional emphasis on being a happy place of learning create an environment where each individual child is loved, nurtured, challenged, and truly known. As a result, children flourish at Norwood. They love learning; they are creative and critical thinkers. They are confident in who they are, and they feel safe taking risks. They are kind and caring people, who, fueled by our motto, How you lead your life matters, make helping others a priority in their lives. At the end of their eighth-grade year, our graduates leave Norwood exceptionally well prepared for high school and empowered to make positive contributions to our world.
Norwood is seeking an Admission Coordinator, who will be responsible for database management, event planning and implementation, communicating to outside constituents, and supporting the Admission Office in all aspects of recruitment, admission, and enrollment for Norwood School. They must exhibit excellent interpersonal, organizational, collaborative, written, and oral communication skills and should also possess the following qualities and attributes: positivity, integrity, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence.
The Admission Coordinator’s most significant responsibilities include:
- Managing and updating the online application and enrollment database modules
- Processing online applications and annual information updates
- Maintaining the admission database
- Managing applicant digital files
- Managing schedule and communications for school tours, student visits, and interviews
- Planning and participating in special events (open houses, fairs, welcoming receptions)
- Organizing, editing, and sending email newsletters, mailings, and other publications as assigned
- Organizing, supporting, and preparing materials for admission committees
- Managing all aspects of the annual Family Information Update
- Assist in transition of files (electronic or otherwise) of newly accepted students to appropriate division heads
- Ability to filter sensitive information in a confidential, thoughtful manner
- Assisting with general office operations
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admission and Enrollment Management
The Admission Coordinator is a full-time, professional staff, benefits eligible position. An appreciation for Norwood School's commitment to academic and personal excellence, values, and diversity is essential. Undergraduate degree required. Previous admission and Blackbaud database experience preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Alex Ragone, Director of Admission and Enrollment Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject ‘Admission Coordinator’. No phone calls, please.
Norwood School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.