No RSVP necessary
- Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:00-8:30pm
- Saturday, January 12, 2013 1-3pm
Call Admission Office at 301-841-2130 to set up an appointment.
- Lower School: On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings at 9 am.
- Middle School: Individually scheduled.
Due no later than February 1, 2013 (Kindergarten sibling applications are due November 9, 2012.) Late applications will be considered on a case by case basis. Please contact the Admission Office for further information, 301-841-2130.
Norwood encourages families to apply online ($60 non-refundable fee).
Upon receipt of the application form, someone from the Admission Office will call to schedule an appointment. Appointments last around 45 minutes and do not include the student applicant.
After your application is received, someone from the Admission Office will call to schedule an appointment.
Playdates for children applying to grades K & 1 occur on various Wednesday, Thursday or Friday afternoons in January and February. Playdates last approximately 75-minutes. We ask that you arrive a few minutes early so your child has time to get comfortable before the playdate begins.You will begin the playdate with your child in the Lower School Library. After everyone has arrived and had a chance to settle in, your child will separate from you and walk down to the Kindergarten and 1st Grade classrooms. We ask that you stay in the library during the playdate. Feel free to work or make phone calls. Coffee and reading materials are also available. You are welcome to bring along younger or older siblings. Snack is not served during the Kindergarten or 1st Grade playdates.
Child visits for children applying for grades 2-8 occur most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays beginning in October. Second and third grade applicants spend a morning at Norwood and fourth through eighth grade applicants shadow a host student for the full-school day. Children should wear comfortable school clothes (no jeans or t-shirts, please) for their visit. In addition, applicants may have a chance to go to PE class or play on the playground during their visit so appropriate attire (including sneakers and a jacket) is suggested.
Due February 1, 2013 (Supporting documents for Kindergarten sibling applicants are due December 7, 2012.)
All recommendations are confidential.
• Applicants for Grades K & 1 should submit one teacher recommendation sent directly from the current homeroom teacher.
Click here to download the K-1 Recommendation Form - PDF
• Applicants for Grades 2-5 should submit two teacher recommendations; one from the current homeroom teacher and one from an additional current teacher.
Click here to download the Grades 2-5 Recommendation Form - PDF
• Applicants for Grades 6-8 should submit two teacher recommendations; one sent directly from the current English teacher and one sent directly from the current math teacher. Applicants may also submit a third recommendation from an additional current teacher.
Click here to download the Grades 6-8 Recommendation Form - PDF
Due February 1, 2013
(Transcripts for Kindergarten siblings are due December 7, 2012)
Please forward the Transcript Release Form to the registrar of the applicant’s current school. They will need to submit a current report card and any standardized test scores (if applicable). Click here to download the form.
Due February 1, 2013. Suggested Testing Months: November, December, January
• Applicants for Grades K-4 are required to take the WPPSI III or IV or WISC IV. Test results should be sent directly from the diagnostic center to Norwood School. An applicant should only take one standardized IQ test in a 12-month period. A list of recommended testers is provided here.
• Applicants for Grade 5 are required to take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam).
You can register for the ISEE online at http://www.iseetest.org/ ensure that Norwood School directly receives official results from the testing agency, Norwood must be listed as a score recipient (Norwood School Code #211166).
• Applicants for Grades 6-8 are required to take either the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Examination) or the SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test). You can register for the ISEE online at http://www.iseetest.org/or the SSAT at http://www.ssat.org/. To ensure that Norwood School directly receives official results from the testing agency, Norwood must be listed as a score recipient (Norwood ISEE Code #211166, Norwood SSAT Code #5425).
Due February 1, 2013
Norwood School offers need-based financial aid. Financial aid forms are available upon request from the Admission Office oronline. Our SSS school code is #5425.Click here for more information on the financial aid process.