Through Family Life Education (FLE), students are encouraged to develop wholesome attitudes regarding all stages of human growth and development. FLE, designed to encourage discussion at home as well as school, focuses on building self-knowledge and positive self-image, learning to empathize with the situations of others, and developing good decision-making skills.
- Promote the importance of families as the principle provider of family life education and value the evolving role that each member plays
- Encourage responsibility for personal behavior and the well-being of others
- Begin to establish values and lifetime decision-making skills at an age-appropriate level
- Provide communication and decision-making strategies and skills that will assist in establishing goals, aspirations, and alternatives in making choices throughout the life cycle
- Provide factual, age appropriate information about the way humans grow physiologically and emotionally